Project 2009-2010: Ghost Quilt


six-month project inspired by my father-in -law 's story about Ghost or wandering spirits flying around in Hue, a ancient and central city in Vietnam, where the most brutal battles took place during the Vietnam War.

As a local from Hue, my father- in -law witnessed the war during the Tet Offensive,1968. He was one of people from the searching team who found out mass grave in Da Mai area in 1970. They gather the remain bones and took back to Hue for proper burials. He always warned me. If you go to Hue and see the ponds where grow the most beautiful lotus, with the most greenest leaves, you must know there are still bodies under.










After I got it done, I realized that on the back of the work , it appears more ghostly and beautifully than I could imagine.